Friday, June 15, 2012

Riding in Cars with Canines

When Dasher found me, I had recently embarked on a long-distance relationship. He and I traveled 6-hour round-trips every other weekend, so Dasher had to quickly adapt to life in the car. Like any good car dog, he enjoys sticking his head out the window. Once we're on the interstate, though, rawhides and naps are key. I once neglected to throw a rawhide in the backseat before a trip, and, lo and behold, Dasher took to gnawing on a seatbelt. You can bet I no longer make that mistake. Another example of dogs teaching their owners.


We have since moved and are a mere ten minutes from our favorite human dude. Now, Dasher's car rides are shorter, and he gets to hang out in the car when I run errands. He whiles away the wait napping.


Car napping
June 2012
 And he usually has this disappointed look on his face upon my return:


Dasher doesn't know why storeowners don't accept dogs.
June 2012
We do take longer trips with our furry friend, Gracie, when we go to the lake. Dasher gets so excited that we're going somewhere (it might be the lake!!!) that he wears himself out. Gracie doesn't mind when he falls asleep in any ol' spot.


Puppy Pals
May 2012
No matter where we're going or when, Dasher is thrilled. He has come to love car rides and often jumps in any open car door he sees. Today he got a special surprise when his favorite human dude came to take him out of that silly crate for a car ride. Where are they going?! Not sure, but Dasher hopes there will be bacon.


Oh my!
June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment